If you have been hurt by abuse you can talk to your safeguarding representative or other agencies such as those listed below.
- NSPCC Child Protection Helpline: 0808 800 5000 (lines free and open 24 hours). Phone if you are worried about a child.
- Child-line: 0800 1111 (lines free and open 24 hours). Phone if you are a child or young person and are worried about anything.
- National Domestic Violence Helpline: 0808 2000 247 ((lines free and open 24 hours). Phone if you are experiencing domestic abuse.
- Samaritans Helpline: 08457 90 90 90 (open 24 hours). Phone if you feel you are struggling to cope and need someone to talk to.
- Action on Elder Abuse Helpline: 080 8808 8141 (free phone Monday to Friday 9-5pm)
- Safe Spaces
- Safe Spaces is a free and independent support service, providing a confidential, personal and safe space for anyone who has been abused through their relationship with either the Church of England or the Catholic Church in England and Wales. Although the churches have funded the service, it is run independently by the charity Victim Support, who are one of the leading charities providing specialist support to survivors of abuse in England and Wales. It comprises a team of trained support advocates who have undergone specialist training in supporting survivors of sexual violence and who have received additional specific training in how the churches respond to abuse cases, the way in which faith and church-related settings have been used to carry out abuse, and the particular issues affecting people who have had or still have, a relationship with the church.
Telephone, Live Chat, Email and Website A telephone helpline and live chat facility is available from Monday – Saturday from 10am – 6pm, apart from Thursdays when the service is open 12 – 8pm.
Telephone: 0300 303 1056 (answerphone available outside of opening times)
A Time to Listen
For the survivors and victims of abuse, the ‘A Time to Listen’ initiative, is part of the diocesan response to improve the way we respond to and engage with victims and survivors. We would like to encourage anyone affected by abuse to take the opportunity to get in touch with our safeguarding team. https://northamptondiocese.org/sgresources/ Bishop David has already met on three occasions with survivors and he continues to make himself available to anyone wishing to meet with him.